Sunday, August 18, 2019

Why I Combine Kayaking With Backpacking

A few of my reasons for backpacking, adventuring these past 60 years has been just that, adventure. I enjoy the unsureness of what’s around the next turn, what’s over the next hill. I also enjoy the feeling of self sufficiency. The feeling that I am totally self dependent. In a world where our society wants to protect us from everything and provide a program for any unforeseen event in our life, it’s a good feeling to know that all you have is yourself. And, of course I love the loneliness of solo backpacking. I don’t carry any gadgets with me such as cell phones, iPads, GPS’s, etc. I love to be alone with “it” and me. Observing, planning and overcoming the next challenge on the trail. I was introduced to the Kindle this year and that has lightened my backpack load some. Instead of carrying a book I now carry my Kindle for reading at night or if I decide to make a stop during the day. Most of my backpacking is done in the late fall to early spring… My kayak camping extends from spring until fall. Finding deserted beaches and sandbars is pretty easy in my coastal area. So what has this all to do with kayak backpacking? Read More: Why I Combine Kayaking With Backpacking

No comments:

Post a Comment