Saturday, August 11, 2018

How to Store Your Paddleboard at Home


By Kate E Gallagher




Stand up paddleboards are used for a surface water sport called paddleboarding. Paddleboarders stand on them and move around the ocean, a lake or a river by use of paddles. They look like surfboards but they are bigger. Due to their big sizes, it becomes hard to store them especially for people with limited spaces in their homes. These are some tips which will help you store your stand up paddleboard securely if you have a limited space in your home.

Use Inflatable Paddleboards

Storage of an inflatable paddleboard can be easy and space saving. After paddleboarding, you need to deflate, roll and place it in a compact storage bag. This bag can then be stored in a shelf, closet, cabinet or even in the trunk of your car. The paddleboard should be cleaned and dried up before storage. This may be a tiresome process as you have to inflate it again before going for paddleboarding but it's very easy to store it especially if you have a limited space in your home.

Use of Paddleboard Racks

You can also install paddleboard racks it the walls of your garage or even house where you can suspend your stand up paddleboard. They have hooks which hold the boards in position and are very easy to install. They will help you utilize the limited space in your home efficiently as you will suspend the paddleboard firmly in the walls of your garage which are usually free. Some racks are very beautiful when fixed at the walls of a house hence can be used as decorative elements as they hold the paddleboards. Hanging the paddleboard on walls is a highly recommended storage method as it keeps them dry which makes them durable.

Build Your Own Rack

A couple of people will custom build their own paddleboard storage areas in their home or backyards. A paddleboard lift can be installed in the ceiling rafters of a garage or attic, so the board lays flat, but it is still safely still out of the way. Others will take to their back yard and get a few pieces of weather treated wood and a tarp and construct their own little paddleboard shelving system. These keep the boards out of the house, where there may be very little space, but still ensures they are not just sitting on the ground outside exposed to the elements.

Any of these methods should be able to give you some good ideas as to where to store your paddleboard at home, especially if you are limited on space.



Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/expert/Kate_E_Gallagher/1578088


http://EzineArticles.com/?How-to-Store-Your-Paddleboard-at-Home&id=8010285



Paddleboard Dealer Syracuse NY .


ROGER'S NEW PROJECT IS THE BUILDING OF A PYGMY MURRELET KAYAK FROM A KIT TO PUT TOGETHER.

Day 6 - 1.5 more hours

Did the second glassing on the current sections. I see the benefits of doing the inside of the panels first. No matter how much weight you place on top of the joint, there tends to be one end or side that ends up slightly. This may leave a blemish in the surface. By doing the inside first you can sand the outside perfectly flat and hence a perfect surface. One more set of panels and the cockpit circle and I can start wiring. Can’t wait!

Also found out what a Murrelet is. It is a smaller Northwestern coastal sea bird related to the auk and puffin. It is also listed as endangered. I am looking for a neat decal to put on my deck that would relate to the murrelet. If anyone has an idea I would love to hear from you. To send ideas, go to the "Submit Article" tab in the left column of our website. Golf tomorrow - no working on boat.

Day 7 -2 More Hours

I have finished combining the individual strips into the 6 (12) panels for assembly. Slight imperfections in the surfaces bother me and I am going to try to lightly sand them smooth before I proceed. Have to make my drilling jig yet. Drilling the initial holes for assemble should take several days. I hope to start wiring the hull together by the weekend.

Day 8 - 3 more hours

All my joints are done and I must admit I don't like them all. I didn't use enough epoxy on the edges to eliminate all the bubbles, especially on the first joints completed. I have feathered them back a bit and only hope the glass coat will cover. The instructions did say to apply adequate amounts of epoxy. It would also have helped if I had cleaned the Mylar sheets used to cover and flatten the joints a little better between usages. Remember, one of the reasons I am writing these reports is so you don't have to repeat my mistakes. (I really hate those project reports were everything goes perfectly anyways.)

The edges at the sheerline are beveled and my drilling jig is made. Tomorrow I start drilling holes for the wires. I did notice that the stern section of one panel is at a slightly different angle. I do hope is doesn't create an alignment problem later. Everything else is really very well aligned. I contacted Pygmy on the panels and they advised that they should work fine. Nice customer support.

All my joints are done and I must admit I don't like them all.Days 8-9 - 4 more hours

Made my drilling jig and got all the holes drilled. You do need to follow the instructions. Get them on the correct sides of the panels and don't forget the ends. I used a small electric screwdriver as a drill. Much lighter and with the " allen head" drive, the bit slips out easily and makes using the jig as a holding device great. Also, use lots of clamps to hold the pieces securely. I am taking the weekend off. The next step is bending my wires into staples.

Made my drilling jig and got all the holes drilled.

No comments:

Post a Comment